Monday, February 14, 2011

The latest news!

Dear Everyone,

I'm sorry I have not posted yet, I have been just going going going ever since I touched down in Auckland. I'll update you all quick with everything I've done!

Friday Feb. 11th
-Landed in Auckland and went right to work touring the city ( it's big 1.2 million people) A very diverse city.

Saturday Feb. 12th
- We got up early and took a 4 hour drive to Rotorua where we as a group will stay until Wed when we leave for our schools. We learned the Haka which is a native war dance was  fun and very interesting to learn. We also played Rugby! (awesome game) .

Sunday Feb. 13th
-I went Moutain biking with four other guys it was so intense! I was clipping trees and going off 3-4 ft drops. (a little fear for my life) Spent the rest of the day swimming at the pool and drinking brews with new mates.

Today Feb. 14th
- We went caving. Which was probably the most extreme thing I have ever done. The spaces were small enough that I could have easily gotten stuck a few times. We had to wear wetsuits with pads. We crawled threw water and over rocks. Belayed down holes in complete darkness ( we had headlamps but it was still pretty drak) We ended the day with some cliff diving in a local river. All around the best day yet!

I will upload pictures as soon as I am on my own laptop at school!
Miss you all and hope everything State side is awesome!

Cheers!
-Jon

1 comment: